During long, hectic, hospital shifts, nurses may not always get the chance to stop for a quick snack or meal. Busy Nurses need extra brain power, however, to get through the day and a health snack makes all the difference. Today, let’s look at some great snacks for nurses that can help keep up energy levels while looking refreshed and great in their favorite scrubs.
- Protein Bars: Stash them in a drawer at work, in your purse or in your pocket for a quick, mess-free snack.
- String Cheese: Sold in individual portion sizes and a great pick me up when you’re in a pinch.
- Hummus and Veggies: When you have some more time to sit down, this snack is filled with daily, essential nutrients.
- Fruit: Whole fruits that you don’t have to peel are easy to eat while you walk.
- Greek Yogurt: Calcium and protein rich snack to have any time of day.
What are some of your favorite grab-n-go snacks to bring to work?