We hope you all got a little extra pampering and appreciation this Nurses Week! For those of you who are also mothers, we wish you even more R&R and a very happy Mother’s Day this Sunday!
If you’ve procrastinated about mom’s gift (or –gasp- forgot this year) we’ve got your back! Here are a list of DIY last minute gift ideas that mom will actually enjoy, and your secret will stay safe with us.
- Handprint keepsake: Fun activity for dad and little kids to do together for mom! Plus, with a simple ribbon you can turn it into an ornament for her. Check out the easy at-home recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/ornament-and-handprint-clay-155960
- Photo canvas: Enlarge and transfer one of her favorite pictures onto a canvas to instantly make it a piece of art! Here’s a foolproof step-by-step tutorial: http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2011/10/make-your-own-canvas-portrait.html
- Coupons: Make mom a coupon book full of chores she may typically have to nag you to do like doing the dishes, helping with dinner, or mowing the grass.
- Get Outside: If your mom is a flower fan, go to her favorite local flower shop and get some that you can plant together in the backyard! She will be able to enjoy them much longer than the vase variety.
- A simple “thanks!”: In addition to showing her how much you care with gifts, be sure to simply thank her for all she does sometime during the day!
What else do you have in store for Mother’s Day this year or are your plans a surprise? We may be biased, but mom could always use a fresh new pair of scrub uniforms to make her look and feel great!