Luckily, scrubs aren’t the same cookie cutter, completely uniform outfits that they were years ago. With many companies rising to the challenge of creating practical, stylish, and comfortable scrubs for medical professionals, a whole new world of medical style has been created. In the 20 years, nursing uniforms have evolved and medical professionals enjoy the self-expression of choosing whatever scrubs they like. While some people prioritize patterns and colors in their scrub tops, others may prefer comfort and fabric material. Well, whatever your preferences may be, there are plenty of styles out there to suit your fancy. We’ve showcased five chic scrub styles with their best-seller!
- Empire Waist: Known for their cinched waist, these scrub tops are perfect for flattering your figure. This particular look, by Cherokee, features four patch pockets, a comfortable elastic waist for flexibility, as well as side vents for ventilation.
- Mock Wrap: In this style, fabric from the neckline continues down across the chest, creating a layered, fitted display. This overlap of fabrics creates a visually appealing, form-flattering look. Grey’s Anatomy Scrubs’ V-Neck Mock Wrap Top features many useful details, such as 3 pockets, front slits for additional movement, and moisture-wicking material so that you can look cool under pressure.
- 2 Pocket Top: A scrub top classic, this style is known for its convenience and traditional look and fit. It’s perfect for nurses who value simplicity and efficiency. The two front pockets allow for convenient, easy-access storage. In this look from Cherokee, you can show off your nurse pride! RN is subtly written on the scrub top in a darker shade of blue! Side vents allow for flexibility and ease of movement.
- V-Neck Top: V-Necks are known for adding a dramatic flair to tops with a dramatic, deep cut down the neckline. This exposure allows for additional breathability as well as a more elegant look. Many of these V-neck tops feature a yoke in the back of the top, which is an additional seam of fabric that runs horizontally. Yoking gives the wearer a more tailored look. Here we have Grey’s Anatomy Scrubs V-neck Top, which features a shoulder look in the back. Two front pockets combine practicality with the style of the V-neck.
- Scallop Neck Top: Scalloped, or curved neckline, tops are characterized by a gradually swooping neckline which comes together in the middle, forming a more drastic v-line at the bottom of the neck. This particular cut is excellent for upper-body movement and essential for comfort – especially for active nurses. Grey’s Anatomy’s Signature STRETCH Curved Notch Neck Scrub top does this style justice with its bold color and elegant neckline.
What’s your favorite style to rock when you’re on the job?