Is your hospital or office “Going Red” today for Women’s Heart Health and the start of February’s National Heart Month? We are at Medical Scrubs Mall and these are some of the startling facts that made us want to do our part to support the American Heart Association:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death among women, regardless of race or ethnicity, accounting for 8.6 million deaths in women each year
- One in THREE women over the age of 20 has a form of cardiovascular disease
- Women are more likely to have strokes than men, in fact THREE million women die from stroke each year
- Under the age of 50, women’s heart attacks are twice as likely to be fatal
- 267,00 women die annually from heart attacks, this is SIX times as many fatalities as breast cancer
There are many ways you can help raise awareness for women’s heart health (including shopping!) so check out the American Heart Association’s ways to help out: http://www.goredforwomen.org/getInvolved.aspx! Is your workplace celebrating American Heart Month this February? Try host your own “Wear Red” Day awareness event for your hospital floor or doctor’s office with our huge selection of medical uniforms!